Scope: Primary responsibilities include provisioning and support of maintaining outside plant facilities. Completion of all tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of telecom systems. Relocates, and replaces underground cable.
- Install, and maintain copper and fiber cabling and associated components.
- Relocation, replacement, and repairs of underground cable.
- Utilize bucket trucks, enter crawl spaces, use ladders, tunnels, and trenches to access various installation and construction points as required.
- Assist in pulling out cable lines and other equipment used in installing OSP cable
- Pull coax, copper and fiber cables through existing duct package, pull cable through conduit either manually, blowing, or mechanically.
- Close a project by completing daily production sheets.
- Provide and update manager on details of work completed.
- Prepare time sheets and reporting
- Liaise with internal and external crews and companies to facilitate work plans.
- Work in, on and around customer’s property while following company policies and maintaining the highest level of professionalism towards any customer and their property.
2-3 or more years’ experience in Telecommunications Construction. High School Diploma or GED. Knowledge of transmission, and operation of telecommunications systems. Must have a Valid DZ Driver’s License.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have mechanical ability.
- Must have analytical ability
- Must can do fine, precise work with their hands.
- Must be willing and able to work on bridges, towers or other fixtures at a height of 20 meters or more above the ground or water level.
- Must be willing and able to work in confined spaces.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Proficient in new build, fiber installation, road widening, and pole transfers.
- Knowledge in building strand, lashing/over lashing, pole transfers, vertical grounds, and building and repairing aerial telecommunication transmission lines.
- Must be able to operate hand and power tools, and test equipment.
- Must be able to understand and effectively perform work in accordance with published work plans.
- Must be willing and able to work in locations that preclude your ability to return home, on an as required basis.
- Ability to manage a physically demanding workload.
- Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments.
- Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Must meet applicable testing requirements
QTC offers a competitive benefits program for all its employees, including a company matched RRSP.