Scope: Primary responsibilities include provisioning and support of maintaining outside plant facilities. Completion of all tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of telecom systems. Relocates, and replaces underground cable.
- Install, and maintain copper and fiber cabling and associated components.
- Relocation, replacement, and repairs of underground cable.
- Utilize bucket trucks, enter crawl spaces, use ladders, tunnels, and trenches to access various installation and construction points as required.
- Assist in pulling out cable lines and other equipment used in installing OSP cable
- Pull coax, copper and fiber cables through existing duct package, pull cable through conduit either manually, blowing, or mechanically.
- Close a project by completing daily production sheets.
- Provide and update manager on details of work completed.
- Prepare time sheets and reporting
- Liaise with internal and external crews and companies to facilitate work plans.
- Work in, on and around customer’s property while following company policies and maintaining the highest level of professionalism towards any customer and their property.
2-3 or more years’ experience in Telecommunications Construction. High School Diploma or GED. Knowledge of transmission, and operation of telecommunications systems. Must have a Valid DZ Driver’s License.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have mechanical ability.
- Must have analytical ability
- Must can do fine, precise work with their hands.
- Must be willing and able to work on bridges, towers or other fixtures at a height of 20 meters or more above the ground or water level.
- Must be willing and able to work in confined spaces.
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills while under limited supervision.
- Proficient in new build, fiber installation, road widening, and pole transfers.
- Knowledge in building strand, lashing/over lashing, pole transfers, vertical grounds, and building and repairing aerial telecommunication transmission lines.
- Must be able to operate hand and power tools, and test equipment.
- Must be able to understand and effectively perform work in accordance with published work plans.
- Must be willing and able to work in locations that preclude your ability to return home, on an as required basis.
- Ability to manage a physically demanding workload.
- Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments.
- Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Must meet applicable testing requirements
QTC offers a competitive benefits program for all its employees, including a company matched RRSP.
Quanta Telecom is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.