Horizontal Directional Driller (Telecom)
The HDD will horizontally drill pipe/conduit for underground fiber optic drops to residential and businesses throughout BC.
- Operate motor vehicle and both open and enclosed trailers.
- Properly secure and transport directional drill to work site and safely off-load
- Follow set-up procedures and position safely with proper alignment for drilling.
- Operate drill to facilitate installation of pipe/conduit for underground fiber optic drops from outside terminals to customer premises.
- Ensure communication with locator that ensures quality assurance while meeting task and project deadlines.
- Interact with home and business owners
- Ensure effective use of time, materials, fuel, and equipment.
- Interpretation of plans, diagrams and locates
- Accurate and timely completion of work
- Strict Adherence to Health & Safety standards
- Communicate with team members on preparation and project coordination
- Report any project delays to supervisor as soon as they arise.
- Daily safety inspection of all equipment and tools
- Observe equipment maintenance schedule and advise supervisor when repairs required
- Class 3 drivers license with air brakes
- 3 - 5 years of experience with directional drill operating.
- Firm understanding of underground locates.
- Experience driving and operating truck and trailer.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting +50lbs
- Team Player with a strong work ethic
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized
- Vermeer or Ditch Witch drill experience - HDD
- Conduit/pipe laying and cable pulling is an asset
- TELECOM, FTTH, FIBRE, CATV, HYDRO VAC experience an asset
- Ground Disturbance level II
Please submit your resume and cover letter to us using the link below. We’ll contact you if it looks like we have an opportunity that’s right for you. QTC rewards hard work, performance and results by offering a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a company-matched RRSP. Want to know more? Check out www.quantatelecom.ca