Directional Driller and/or Drill Locator (Telecom)
The HDD will horizontally drill pipe/conduit for underground fiber optic drops to residential and businesses.
- Operate directional drills and both open and enclosed trailers.
- Properly secure and transport directional drill to work site and safely off-load
- Follow set-up procedures and position safely with proper alignment for drilling.
- Operate drill to facilitate installation of pipe/conduit for underground fiber optic drops from outside terminals to customer premises.
- Ensure communication with locator that ensures quality assurance while meeting task and project deadlines.
- Interact with home and business owners
- Ensure effective use of time, materials, fuel, and equipment.
- Interpretation of plans, diagrams and locates
- Accurate and timely completion of work
- Strict Adherence to Health & Safety standards
- Communicate with team members on preparation and project coordination
- Report any project delays to supervisor as soon as they arise.
- Daily safety inspection of all equipment and tools
- Observe equipment maintenance schedule and advise supervisor when repairs required
- Class DZ drivers license
- 3 - 5 years of directional drill operation experience.
- Firm understanding of underground locates.
- Experience driving and operating truck and trailer.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting +50lbs.
- Team Player with a strong work ethic.
- Self-disciplined, motivated and organized.
- Vermeer or Ditch Witch drill experience - HDD.
- Conduit/pipe laying and cable pulling is an asset.
- TELECOM, FTTH, FIBRE, CATV, HYDRO VAC experience an asset.
- Ground Disturbance level II is an asset.
What we’re looking for
Successful candidates must exhibit QTC’s values of trust, teamwork, and accountability – “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Market competitive employment package, RRSP and health & dental plan
- Learning and development opportunities in a rapid growth environment with our best in class training center
- Career advancement opportunities- be part of an organization that will be the leader and one of the largest Canadian Telecom Organizations - we have the mobility of a start-up and the stability that comes with a large, stable parent, being part of the Quanta and Valard family
Quanta Telecom is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.
- Please apply online using the link below. We’ll contact you if it looks like we have an opportunity that’s right for you.